Ayurveda Yoga Teacher Training
When I first learned about Ayurveda, it just made sense. It was natural, easy and in alignment with Nature. All these years later, its simplicity continues to surprise me. Once you learn Ayurveda, the sister science to Yoga, Yoga makes sense in a different way. This time-tested science has demonstrated its efficacy for over 2000 years.
Learning Ayurvedic principles is a great gift whether you are a yoga teacher or
someone who is interested in health and longevity. At the core of these principles is prevention of disease and understanding your personal constitution.
Ayurvedic doctors (Avaidyas) spend life times mastering their craft as it’s passed down through the family line. We will learn enough to keep you occupied for a good long while, a few years depending on how prolific you are!
No pre-requisite is required. However this will greatly enhance your yoga teaching as you come to understand how the seasons, time of day and cycles of life affect your
Come find out why Ayurveda is so good for your health:
- True preventative medicine
- Live with vitally
- Treats the whole body
- Increase your immunity
- Time-tested history of success
- Improves mental health
- How to bring this into your life and yoga classes with confidence
Ayurvedic Studies – An in-depth discovery of Ayurvedic philosophy, principles, digestion and nutrition, massage, personal constitution, and cycles.
Determine your constitution – your mind-body type based on the 5 element theory
- Learn when you are out of balance and how to balance your doshas
- Learn what Ayurveda means and ayurvedic massage techniques
- Learn what the Gunas are and why they are relevant to your daily life
- Learn the principles of Digestion and best nutrition for you personally
- Learn how the fundamentals of eating, sleeping, and environment can bring balance according to Ayurveda
- Learn to integrate the cleansing and self-care practices
Ayurveda means the knowledge of life. Learning about the doshas helps you to see a more holistic and compassionate perspective of yourself and others.
A course for both students and yoga teachers to deepen their knowledge of Ayurvedic principles on and off the mat. Take your yoga practice to the next level by learning this time-tested knowledge of living in balance.
- 5 yoga classes for each type of student
- Ojas & Agni theory
- Self-care & Daily Routine
- Your dosha, tri-dosha & 5 elements theory
- Self-pulsing and Panchakarmas (cleansing)
- Ayurvedic philosophy
- Yoga, Pranayama, Meditation for Doshas
- Ayurvedic massage techniques
- Ayurvedic Nutrition for your constitution
This course is Yoga Alliance certified and has the option to be included in your 300-hour Yoga Teacher Training hours. You will not be a certified Ayurvedic consultant from this course but you will have many new tools that will enhance both your own health and your yoga student’s experience.
About the instructor
Lucy St. John is an inspiring Yoga and Vedic teacher of teachers in Vancouver BC. She started practicing yoga in 1998 and she brings a contemporary approach to Yoga while honouring the ancient tradition. Her classes are full of laughter, stories, mindfulness, and breath. She writes a monthly blog and has taught in yoga studios
both nationally and internationally. She teaches Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, Pelvic Floor,Pain Care yoga and Acroyoga. She is Yoga Alliance and YACEP certified with over 1000+ hours of Yoga training. Plus, over 18 years of training in comparable holistic therapies ranging from Reiki to Integrated Body Psychotherapy.
She has taught 200 HR teacher trainings and specialty workshops since 2013.
- PRICING TO BE DONE
- KARMA GRADUATE PRICING AVAILABLE
- PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE
- REGISTRATION TO OPEN SOON
- SPACE IS LIMITED
Foundation of Ayurveda - 40 hour program
Sept 26th - Sept 30th; 8am - 4pm
(8 hours per day, will include 80 minutes break - 1 hr lunch and remaining minutes quick breaks)
Explore the Ayurveda side with us & become inspired.
This program counts towards Karma Teacher’s 300hr Yoga Alliance program. If
you are already a registered yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance and not a part of the 300 hr, you may also count this training towards your continuing education units.
More details to come soon. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.