YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING VANCOUVER
THE YIN YOGA VANCOUVER TEACHER preparation PROGRAM WILL PROVIDE:
This Yin Yoga Vancouver program follows the standards outlined by Yoga Alliance for each of the 5 educational categories. A robust manual will be provided. To receive a certificate of completion, students will need to complete the graduation requirements (including homework and open book questions). After completing the graduation requirements, students will receive a certificate of completion that counts towards Continuing Education Units with Yoga Alliance or the hours will count towards Karma Teacher’s 300hr Yoga Alliance program. Students may teach yin yoga if they are already a 200/300/500 Yoga Alliance certified teacher.
Each day is a blend of a class, meditation, breathwork, presentations and hands
on exploration of the following topics.
ALREADY HAVE YOUR YIN YOGA TRAINING? CHECK OUT THESE OTHER TRAININGS WE OFFER:
NEW ASPIRING YOGA TEACHER?
Check out our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Vancouver
What is Yin?
• Origins of yin yoga
• Difference between passive and active yoga practices, yin & restorative yoga
• Benefits and principles of yin
• Meaning of Yin - Intro to yin/yang relativity
• Learning to listen, the art & benefits of slowing down & doing less
Yin Poses for the Lower & Upper Body
• Yin poses for the hips & legs
• Yin & restorative poses for the spine
• Find your unique shape and guide others into finding theirs
• How to support the body with and without props
• Key joints, bones & tissues & how they are affected by yin poses for the lower & upper body
• How skeletal variation influences the shape of a pose
• What are you feeling? Identify the feeling of tension and compression to understand & respect what is preventing you from moving further
Pranayama & Meditation
• How to weave various breath & meditation techniques into your yin practice
and into your teachings
• Sample routines to use in your personal yin practice or teaching others
• Class structure and sequencing for yin or yin fusion classes
• Atmosphere of a yin class – pace, vocabulary, voice, and music
• How to support students with various needs
• Practicum for those interested in teaching
Come learn the art and benefits of slowing down. This foundational program will immerse you in all things yin – philosophy, anatomy, poses, breath and
meditations used in this quiet practice. The awareness that you will cultivate from this style of yoga, will inform other yoga & meditations practices, types of
exercise and show you how to find your center among the busyness of life.
About the instructor
lucy st. john
Lucy St. John is an inspiring Yoga and Vedic teacher in Vancouver BC. She started practicing yoga in 1998 and she brings a contemporary approach to an ancient tradition. Her classes are full of laughter, stories, mindfulness, and breath. She writes a monthly blog and has taught in yoga studios in California, Costa Rica, Tobago, Vancouver, Winnipeg and the Gulf Islands in BC. She teaches Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, Pelvic Floor, Pain Care yoga and Acroyoga. She is Yoga alliance certified with over 1000+ hours of training. She has taught 200 HR teacher trainings and specialty workshops since 2013.
OPTION 1: EARLY BIRD $600 + GST (ENDS AUG.15)
FULL PRICE: $700 + GST AFTER AUG. 15TH
KARMA GRADUATE & SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABLE
SPACE IS LIMITED
MANUALS INCLUDED IN PRICE
Foundation of Yin (Module 1) - 40 hour program
VANCOUVER: TBA - Fall 2019
Time: 8AM - 5PM
(8 hours per day, 1hr lunch, breaks & homework)
NORTH VAN: September 15th - Oct 13th, 2019
Tuesdays & Fridays:
Time: 6-9PM Sept 17/20 & Oct 1/4/8/11
Sundays: 11:30-6PM Sept 15/29 & Oct 13
Explore the yin side with us & become yinspired.
This program counts towards Karma Teacher’s 300hr Yoga Alliance program. If you are already a registered yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance and not a part of the 300 hr, you may also count this training towards your continuing education units.
Please note: in order to teach Yin yoga, a 200 hour certificate is required. Visit Karma Teachers 200HR YTT for more information.
More details to come soon. Please e-mail email@example.com with any questions.